Building Integrated Solar Thermal
View solar absorber
View collector field
A day of sunshine provides our planet with more energy than is available in all the world’s oil reserves!
Solar thermal systems are mainly used for the production of low-temperature heat for sanitary hot water and space heating support. The solar collector is at the core. It converts the sun’s rays into thermal energy, in which the heat is conveyed into the air, liquid, or both. The solar thermal, flat-plate collector determines predominant distribution. Vacuum tube technology, among other methods, is used for higher temperature levels to process heat.
BIST - The Ideal Way
Building integration solar thermals represent the ideal solution. On the one hand they are associated with many additional demands. On the other hand, they take purely energetic functions into account in addition to a plethora of additional qualities. Also, the collector device becomes a component of the facade.
Primarily for the industrial and commercial sector the company Unimet developed a unique solar thermal energy façade known under its brand name Unipower Pro. The patented system impresses with collector field heights of up to 7m, dual air and water circuit and neat facade integration.
BIST offers flexible size and height ratios. It fits easily into architectural design framework and guarantees a high degree of design freedom and realization optimization compared to conventional, off-the-shelf panels.
- Integration and function as a thermal flat plate collector
- Weather protectant and secure building enveloping
- Consistent components
- Effect as both active and passive solar elements
- Thermal insulation element for mullion-transom facades
- Generation of low temperature heat for hot water and heating system supply
- Heating the room temperature with bivalent operations
- Architectural design elements
Benefits of building integrated collectors
- Cost advantages through simultaneous use as a cladding element and energy element
- Simplified integration through conventional mullion-transom technology
- Integrated and multi-functional mullion-transom systems. Possibilities for the simultaneous introduction of daylight, ventilation, BIST, and BIPV
- Full replacement of conventional facades
- Contribution to CO2 reduction
- Reduce building operating costs
- Suitable for new construction and for renovation
What to watch for with BIST
You are an aesthete and find solutions that are tailored to your property. You want to benefit from added value building integrated solar thermal solutions. You certainly won’t be only chasing the return afterwards. We are your partner in every phase of your project. Because...
- Building or facade integrated solar thermal systems require a different approach than conventional systems
- Facade grid and height ratios must be considered
- The physics of a functioning building envelope must be ensured - humidity, cooling mediums, potential for overheating, UV radiation, U-values, etc.
- Similarly, shading effects are reflected by energetic consideration
- It is important to ensure the correct hydraulic circuitry
- Notably, additional construction rules must be observed in the facade
- Furthermore, a successful integration of the overarching design will be given great attention to meet your specifications.
How may we be of assistance?
- Basic Consulting / Search for the optimal solution
- Concept Development / System design
- Energy Calculations
- Feasibility Studies / Expense Budgeting
- Development, Construction and Design of Object-specific Solutions
- Profitability Analysis
- Bid Proposals